I should read more about something before playing because I got into myth after akai ito because I still wanted to read something more mythological. My ass thought since there's a character dressed in some sort of miko attire it has to be centered around Japanese mythology, right?
The ending was all over the place and very rushed ending weirdly uprupt just for some three short "answer" chapters than while answering some questions adds new ones as well.
To not get too negative there are things I liked about it, I liked most of the game. Especially initially how we can see Meito's change and improvement. How at first he couldn't stand being around shadows but got more comfortable and during the second loop when he didn't have that at all and was friendly with them from the start I'm a little disappointed that wasn't a bigger point and they didn't really play into that character growth theme at all. I guess that wasn't very positive either. I swear it's a really decent game and I like more about it than I dislike it's just really hard to talk extensively about it when it's rather short and it's easier to complain that just list all the small things I liked about it.
Overall I'd say I recommend it for the journey itself even if it doesn't completely answer every question. I feel like the author might be the only person who gets everything and just failed to connect it all so every reader is able to fully grasp the story only with what's written. The author probably forgot to explain some stuff that were obvious in his head since he made the story.I don't have much to say about it but I played the prequel which is included in the steam edition of course which is also how I found myth in the first place. I really enjoyed the concept and world building in Aguni. I would definitely love to see a full length vn focused on that world. Definitely a lot more could've been done there. Whenever I'll feel like it I do plan on playing the standalone Aguni in Japanese someday since the version I played got rid of choices and different endings.
No comments:
Post a Comment