I read the first narcissu earlier this year, I'm currently reading the last one - Sumire. There couldn't be probably a better time for me to be reading this. I don't have a set date or anything like that but recently I've been going to sleep everynight thinking I may not wake up. I had a blood test a few days ago and I thought it's going to make me feel more at ease and I'm going to get something prescribed soon and get better but waiting is dreadful. Today I again think I'm going to die in my sleep. If I don't get any medication tomorrow I don't know how I'm going to go to sleep. A part of me wants to stay all night so I definitely don't pass away while sleeping but another part of me thinks that not getting enough rest might make me feel worse. I holded off getting medical attention for so long, I had a doctor's appointment two months ago and was supposed to get a blood test then but I ignored it and it got so much worse.
It's been about 2 weeks since I touched narcissu and I have no idea what I wanted to mention. Out of the three entries I played recently I liked Zero the most. Hard to compare when it's been some time since I touched the previous entries but it might be my second favorite narcissu. I found the characters really endearing and the MC definitely gave it a much different feeling than the rest. Made me cry in multiple moments not only at the end which only elevates it further.
Narcissu 3rd was a very cool breath of fresh air. It's really hard to write about narcissu without sounding pretentious. Yohan is an absolute legend, need more characters like him in fiction. Complex on so many levels, flawed and very human at his core. Despite the story starting from Iris' perspective but shifts pretty quickly to Yohan's and for the better. Also I'm a sucker for medieval settings. Life was better when no one showered.Narcissu Sumire is my least favorite. It would've been better if they 1. Make it longer and tie in Akari's story better 2. Make it shorter without so many loose ends. I still liked it a lot especially Akari's story sadly since it's unfinished here and to get the whole picture I'd probably have to read Sumire. The whole body swaping thing at the start was my favorite part and I would like that to continue. If that's what's Sumire is about I'll play it someday eventually.Additionally I played a few very short vinnies.
The noose - an absolute denpa snoozefest. I really like denpa but this one was boring and was pretty hard to follow and made little to no sense and I don't believe in nonsensical bull being actually highly sophisticated and "you just don't get it". Jumpscares can work sometimes but eh cheap horror tactics. Not to mention how broken the game was, whoever made the problem the game freezed every 30 seconds. It actually made me go crazy maybe that was the author's intention.
Gogatsu no Sora - pure love story. Interesting build up and progression. Short yet made me like the characters and believe in their relationship. Side story messed it up a little by being really boring.
Mukou no Yume - It took me 16 minutes. Can you even make a self contained story that makes sense this short? Probably, this didn't do that. The premise sounds interesting, there really was no need to rush with this especially since it's not like the author was practicing for something greater as this is their only work. Artstyle's pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment