Saturday, November 1, 2025

Why mecha is the best genre in fiction

 I have multiple draft posts but I don't feel like revisiting them for now and I'm thinking about Code Geass intensly. It's been years and I still haven't found a piece of fiction quite like it. perfect in every detail. I have bad memory and most of the time I can't remember anything from shows I have seen but there are so many scenes and overall thoughts I remember having while watching. An absolute heartbreaking masterpiece and I doubt I'll ever find something quite like it, there's only one other thing that deserves a 10/10 and that's persona 2 innocent sin. 

I like media that evoke emotions in me be it possitive or negative (negative is better) and Code Geass does that a lot, there are multiple episodes I cried on or that just made me feel things like my all time favorite scene.

How absolutely depressing this scene was I will never stop thinking about it. I also really enjoy a lot of characters even minor ones but what I appriciate more is when they make characters I dislike either because they were meant to be disliked (probably) (Rolo) or just because, I like hating characters for no real reason just because they annoy me just like with liking characters. I don't think there's a single fictional character I hate more than that bitch C.C. I still haven't watched the movies because I know they make her and lelouch end up together and I'm not aboard. Even ignoring my deep appreciation for tragic homoerotic relationships I just hate the idea of her being with lelouch. 

I'm surprised how mainstream Code Geass is given how tragic it is and isn't scared to kill off important characters. Most of the time I get the impression that most people prefer happy endings and don't really like this type of suffering in media, I find it hard to find works that have a satysfing bad ending because of this. 

Rest in peace Shirley, you deserved so much better. Other than finding a masterpiece another thing Code Geass did good for me was some start some weird fascination with mecha. Before watching it I really hated mecha. I found big robot suits boring and I'd much prefer hand in hand combat. I don't even know why but now I'd list mecha as one of my favorite genres. Code Geass was so life changing I went from hating mecha to building gunpla
Real work of art, I'd sell my soul for any model kit from wing they all look so cool. I'd take some pictures of gunplas I have but I suck at posing and they look really rough. I've been stuck on two long running anime series for a long time and I don't want to start any new series I felt like watching something and I couldn't help myself. So a few days ago I watched a short mecha ova Chou Kidou Densetsu Dinagiga. Pretty cool, as mecha tends to be, I would've really liked to see it made into a full tv series, it definitely had a lot of potential. It also proves that there is something really homoerotic about mecha. There was literally a scene in which a girl confesses her feelings to another femoid. I will definitely be reading whatever the fuck its author wrote about it to commemorate 25 years of its existance. 

Mecha fights are really cool so much more interesting than sword fights. I have to watch more mecha to make up for all the years of me being a hater. If I didn't have sailor moon on my watching list since 2017 I would probably be only watching mecha. I also watched two gundam movies recently, I still much prefer the tv series but it's fun to revisit some of my favorites moments, luckily they made it into the movies. Reminded me of one of my favorite episodes I forgot about where Kai leaves White Base. Kai is easily my favorite character from the original gundam. Funny and flawed in interesting ways, if I were in his place I'd probably act the same minus "redemption" arc. I can't imagine risking my life. And my god I completly forgot about Miharu, despite only appearing in one episode her death hits.I was really dreading watching the movies since it's everything I already saw and I don't like movies, it's much harder for me to pay attention to a movie for two hours than watching 12 tv episodes back to back but I feel like starting the third movie now despite watching the previous one today in the morning.


                                                              ORANGE RANGE kings

No comments:

Post a Comment

MYTH

 I should read more about something before playing because I got into myth after akai ito because I still wanted to read something more myth...