The more type-moon I read the more I like it. Kagetsu Tohya was a blast.
I really enjoyed going through everything. Trying out different options, slowly getting to know more about the story and all the additional scenes expanding the world and its characters. The 4th wall breaking, references, stupid ass shit. All of it. Great. Surprised by how many new sprites they added with different outfits and new characters. CGs look noticibly more polished and detailed thanks to Hirokazu Koyama. Especially the picnic CG with Hisui below, I can feel the faint wind and see how the sun shines in that moment, very nostalgic.I have grown to really like the entire cast and seeing them in different scenarios only makes me appriciate them more. Good to see Akira coming back from the fan disc and "A story for the evening" was my favorite out of all the side stories as it shows us something not touched upon in the main story at all. I don't dislike Akiha but she's my least favorite heroine, she didn't move up in the ranking (Hisui>Kohaku>Arc>Ciel>Akiha) but seeing her perspective for sure made me understand her more. I love urban legends and mysteries like that I wouldn't mind an entire spin off focused on Akiha's life and supernatural happenings at her school. Made me want to read something set in an all-girls private school. flowers someday?I like how much focus went into fleshing out secondary characters Arihiko and his dumb ass horse, Nrvnqsr (he's such an endearing character, especially during the Con Game, which was also one of the better side stories. I got so into it I didn't notice how fast time went by, Kohaku deserved that win and to have fun with them all like that after everything bad she had to endure), Akiha's schoolmates (more Hanepin content needed). Great to see Shiki's backstory a bit more and how all Nanayas got killed.
Kohaku is even better in this game, so much 4th wall breaking. How she drugs Shiki in the basement everytime he goes down a perverted path. The quiz. I only read side stories after fully finishing the main game so I had no idea about the hints Nrvnqsr leaves and had to figure out the answers myself, it appears challenging at first especially as she won't tell you which answer you got wrong but Tsukihime related questions are pretty easy if you played Tsukihime (and you don't play Kagetsu Tohya without it), on of the other set of questions is even easier since all the correct answers are referenced somewhere else in the story and after you play the quiz once and get accustomed to all the answers they're really easy to pick out. Broomstick Girl Magical Amber. Kohaku got so many cool new sprites, glad she's got more attention here since her route was the shortest in Tsukihime
Summer festival stories man. Another moment similar to how I felt after conversation with Arc at school about the mundane. Visual novels make me appriaciate real life more ironically. It's simple but beautiful and made me think how meaningfull those things are. The inevitable passing of time and how things change for better and for worse. I really like annual events like this that tie everything into a cycle and how they're something you can always look forward to or reminescent and remember past years. Especially as new year is approaching and for the firs time I'm spending it with a loved one. How as a kid I'd always go to the same place with my parents to see the fireworks, the few times we went somewhere else when I was older. The one time I had a fight with my father and we didn't speak with each other for the next six months. Visual novels make me want to live life more, I want to be more productive and have more routine every day.
Overall a must read for anyone who liked Tsukihime and is into nasuverse as a whole. I like diving as deep as possible in different fictional worlds and series. The more fan discs, spin off and sequels the better (as long as they know what they're doing and don't lose the spirit)
Not posting right after finishing the game as I'm waiting for my Arc figure to arrive so I can take a pic of all my Tsukihime figures together and add here as a bonus.
Edit: She's here.
I need Kohaku to match Hisui. Arc looks much better than I expected and she's not that small. I'll have to work on my type-moon shelf a little. For now I'll be looking for Kohaku PUP and Fate/Zero light novels.
No comments:
Post a Comment