Last Saturday I went to an anime convention. It's the first time since 2018 that I walked around one alone. It's a christmas themed one and the vibe was there. The fact it was held in a school (unrenovated for decades) made it feel more like old conventions. It was pretty fun.
Out of all the attractions I went to one panel, op/ed quiz and I tried DDR for the first time. It was a really small con (ticket limit being 500) so there wasn't that much to do the entire day. The panel was pretty bad, I've been to a fare share of panels and I can't remember ever being to a one this uninteresting. I felt like people in charge of it didn't really know what they were talking about and only did a little bit of research to have anything to write in the presentation. A lot of repeating the same things over and over and I doubt most people there learned anything new it was mostly obvious things you would know if you watched at least 1 anime that had a christmas episode or if you think about it for more than 5 minutes. I didn't feel any passion for the subject and like they just came up with whatever idea because they wanted to make a panel and not because they wanted to talk about something. Not to mention it was a discussion panel and no one spoke for the entire duration of it (which was supposed to be 2 hours but they finished in half an hour) and only briefly talked about some things once it ended most likely out of pity and so it could classify as a "discussion panel".Food was expensive but good, I rarely have a chance to eat japanese so I'd take it. Miso was great. I went outside for a while before eating so it was a perfect warm up meal. A lot of tofu and seaweed in it, very much worth it. I also got two onigiris one with shrimp and one with salmon, the salmon was well packed and had great flavor, the shrimp in the other one was small but good. Rice was a bit dry and was falling apart easily but paired with the soup it was overall a good meal. The drink I got was amazing, perfectly sweet and flavorful, It's always a gamble with those imported drinks because they're five times the price of something you'd get from a supermarket and you never know if the flavor's going to be good. One time I got a canned drink that was sickly sweet and flavorless besides that, this time I made a great choice.
Going to bring my Sakuya fumo next time I go to an event.
Unlucky gacha pulls, Steins;Gate figure, stickers and yaoi. Yaoi and the chikorita sticker is for my boyfriend. Buying a whole ass figure was not on my list but I couldn't pass an opportunity to show off being a S;G fan when there's so many tourists, the girl I bought it from even commented how old she feels and that no one knows S;G anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment