Wednesday, December 3, 2025

Ladders vs stepladders

 

In November I finally got around to playing the last game of the Apollo Justice trilogy. It could've been really great and maybe even on par with at least Investigations (Nothing beats the original trilogy) if two out of five cases weren't completly unrelated, they were pretty cool but I wish they'd at least take place in Khura'in. A lot of wasted potential. I liked a lot all cases in Kurain or talking about spirit channeling so my hopes were up. Congrats to Ema for getting the job she wanted after all.


It may be AA game with one of the most likable cast. A lot of memorable, funny and interesting characters. A highlight for me were Betty and Bonny, Dhurke, Rayfa, Datz and Sergeant Buff. And of course greatly welcomed appearance of Edgeworth. I really enjoyed Rayfa as a character and how she grows and learns from experience. It was sad to see how Ga'ran treats her in the last case even if she's not her biological mother that's Rayfa so her, at least Inga really cared about her despite not being the best person and her not being biologically his daughter. Her banter with Wright was fun.

The last case is my favorite no doubt. Apollo growing up in Khura'in with Dhurke and Nahyuta was a pretty random addition but it was executed very well. The tragedy in Dhurke being able to reconcile with Apollo only after his death. I did not see that coming and up untill they revealed his death and hoped for more interaction between them, really made me tear up. I think staying in Khura'in and taking over Dhurke's law firm is the best conclusion to his character, I'm glad they went in that direction.

The DLC case was all one could want from a additional episode. Wright vs Edgeworth showdown again. A not welcomed reappearance of Larry. A creative and original premise with the time travel, I was disappointed it turned out to not really be time travel but the explained it in a satysfing. Cool Steampunk visuals.

I only need to play professor layton crossover and Dai Gyakuten Saiban and I'll be done with this series untill they release something new if they ever do. I'll be fine if they don't but I'd like to see how Gumshoe's doing.... it's been so long.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

MYTH

 I should read more about something before playing because I got into myth after akai ito because I still wanted to read something more myth...