Wednesday, December 3, 2025

We read vinnies

 Just a few days ago I had less than 20 shortcuts on my desktop. I don't like cluttering it or so I thought. Downloaded a bunch of visual novels, worked on my steam wishlist and I've been getting progressively more crazy about reading. I have some level of discomfort at how most vns I have in my backlog are very popular ones and how I haven't read them, fuck anime tourists, if vns didn't get mildly less niche I wouldn't feel that way.  

Me from the future, a substantial amount of time has passed since this picture was taken, almost a month and there have been some changes worth noting. I have finished narcissu, Ace Attorney, Gogatsu no Sora, Snow drop and euphoria so they're no longer on my desktop, yet somehow there's even more icons that last month.
I used steam codes from my physical releases of umineko and fata moru I have after all, I wanted to have more installed but I have a feeling I overdid it. I do hope to finish 4 more vns from this list before the end of the year since I've been doing pretty good reading but I'm not so sure about that. I did touched Kagetsu Tooya tonight a little but it depends on how much I manage to read tomorrow if I can finish it quickly or not.

Other than my plans for the coming few months there's not that many I know when I'll play. I'm pretty set on playing Tenshi no inai 12-gatsu right after Kagetsu, slow damage next and if I ever feel like playing something short Hanachirasu. Best case would be if I manage to finish those four in December. After that I'm only certain of playing SNOW and Cartagra, I run out of short winter themed vns so I'm not sure what could I indulge after that, I'll most likely end up playing I/O as other than MinDeaD BlooD it's something I want to play the most.

The more read the more I realize how much I like visual novels. No matter what it is, how much I like it I'll probably still be able to appriaciate something about it even if I end up not liking it. People who only read vns above 8.0 or whatever don't really like visual novels, they may like some works but they don't like the medium. I really like reading staff comments, it makes me feel more connected to those works, seeing how many people really care about it and spend their time and effort on it. It fascinates me how people can work together with passion and makes things like that.

I think life is beautiful and it'd be a real waste not to waste it on visual novels. You can find pretty much subs for most anime out there but there's so many untranslated visual novels that only a handful of people played and isn't greatly regarded but still may be a masterpiece for some. 

I wonder what type of retarded I would've been if I wasn't born in these visual novel filled times.
 
MinDeaD BlooD my god MinDeaD BlooD I want to play MinDeaD BlooD so much, if I were to play something in japanese right now it would've been MinDeaD BlooD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MYTH

 I should read more about something before playing because I got into myth after akai ito because I still wanted to read something more myth...