One can guess since I barely posted in February I didn't really finish any vns as I pretty much only replayed danganronpa 2 and togainu. Other than that I have watched quite a bit of anime which I really need to talk more about.
Going in order I finished gridman first. All of it both gridman and dynazenon and then its crossover movie. I liked the first series by far the most. Akane carries the show. I believe it's the first thing with kaiju I have ever seen. Cool. I wouldn't mind checking out more a shame there doesn't seem to be many anime with them which I find odd considering how popular kaiju were in Japan to the point it managed to even get global audience. Anyhow I usually don't have much to say about anime especially when I'm trying to come up with something to say over a month later. They have some really cool figures though.
I'm definitely getting this someday.There's no cool dynezenon stuff on the other hand which I guess I'm not surprised. I never really heard of it before and I have definitely seen people talk and post about gridman. It definitely had potential to stay in my head more but didn't manage to pull me in fully. Maybe couple more episodes to build tension and stakes would've helped. This time too my favorite characters are otaku losers.
Gridman universe was a cool addition. Nothing more nothing less. I had fun which is not that easy to achieve with movies. Overall I'm glad I watched some newer mecha. Now I want gridman yuri figures after looking through what they made (I swear I'm not a yuritard).
Then I watched this
I have finally got it in me and watched Hellsing ultimate. I watched the original couple years ago and all I remembered is how much I fucking hate jazz and can't stand that opening and dead corpse in episode 2 which now that I think about I don't think happens in the manga. Then I read the manga last year which I did like more but still not very much. I much prefer first three volumes. What's most memorable for me is how unhinged author's notes at the end of each volume are. Thank you Hirano Kouta for the boob song. Alas Ultimate is in my opinion the ultimate way of experience Hellsing (although I have to give points to the manga for it's art style it's really impressive how he managed to get it so intricate while from what I know not having enough assistants. I'm still not a Hellsing fan.
I'm still not over how my creation is not allowed to be public. I am a little ashamed to still remember hetalia.I'm not really a SoL guy so it's an especially big feat when it manages to really interest me. Ichigo mashimaro is for sure one of the best slice of life I have seen and is going to say with me for a while. Fuck every Miu hater she makes the show. Stupid. I want to be like her when I grow up. I can't really remember in what exact order I have seen all those and I don't have patient to check with MAL but sword art online. In the big 2026 I have unfortunately reminded myself how much of a sao fan I used to be (still am) dammit. Back then when memory defrag was still up I was pretty obsessed with it. Along llsif definitely the first mobile game I ever cared that much about. I am one of those people that will defend sao and how it's not really that bad and it's not and I even forgot what it got hate for. Probably for being for cringe teenagers (like not all anime are like that). I am a firm believer of Suguha being the best character which is important for the point I'm going to make (she is absolutely irrelevant to sword art online II and ordinary scale which is what I watched last month). I liked SaoII not more than the first one I think. I have my teenage self to thank for liking it so much. Sinon is an interesting character and I'm glad the plot focused mostly on her, Kirito and death gun. Why is Kirito so cool with pretending to be a girl. Serious question. I remembered him more edgy and lone wolf type why does he act like that. I can get pretending in front of Sinon to get help from her and since correcting her would've just been awkward but there was no reason for him to pose like that for those guys?
He's clearly enjoying it and as funny as I found it while watching I don't blame him. I get him. I like making female characters in mmos and I wouldn't pretend to be a girl (probably) but if someone assumed I was one I wouldn't mind playing along. Do kids these days still do cringe anime roleplay saying arigato ohayo and what not?
I like how serious ggo arc was and I really got invested and if I didn't have other things to do I probably would've watched it all in one sitting. Was not expecting Sinon's friend to go insane and get all possessive with her. I'm not going to forget it soon. I wouldn't say I like him but I do appreciate and enjoy characters like this.
Next three episodes of looking for a legendary weapon or something was boring I was so sure the entire next half is going to be like that thank God I was far from correct. I was really suffering through those few episodes. What starts after that is much more interesting and pretty emotional and maybe got me to not dislike Asuna as much. I didn't really mind the story following her and Yuuki. I don't remember anything of the sort from the first series and if I'm correct this marks the start of girls being yuri for Asuna which so far has only happened twice but it's interesting it happened more than once.THEY'RE OFFICIALG MARRIED. Oddly enough I don't dislike asuna x kirito and I find them endearing in offline acting like a real couple. I find myself conflicted seeing Asuna being Yuuki's wife. I could've liked her more probably if she was around longer. Pretty disappointing to have a tragic character like that and only let us know her for so short you can't really get attached. I'm looking forward how that's going to feel like in light novel form which I am getting for sure.
I really went on on the second season so I won't say much about ordinar scale also because I don't have that much to say. I really liked the animation. Another girl has acted very suspiciously towards Asuna and then went and died for good.
I started azumanga before sword art online and I still havent finished it. I'm barely halfway through as of right now but I'm not rushing. I would've finished it long ago but I'm watching it with my boyfriend from time to time. It's exactly the kind of show I need right now. Tomo is best girl easily although they're all dumb and make me wonder how they passed high school exams (which actually got explained in Tomo's case, she reminds me of myself).
It's another slice of life, school life I don't have much to say. I'm enjoying it immensely. Never change Tomo.I fucked up big with how rare I post here and now I have 10 posts due where I barely even remember what I thought about something. I seriously need to try and write every day at least draft my experience. Anyway probably more than a week has passed since I wrote the rest of this post. I came here to add two more shows I finished in the last 2 (?) months now.
Id-0 was whatever. Had potential probably I couldn't really get invested due to it being all CGI, it didn't bother me like it bothers me in hybrid cg/2D stuff but I can't really get immersed when it looks like that. Robots not big enough to scratch my mecha itch. 6/10
Lastly and the reason why I put off publishing this post for so long because I only watched the last (5th) movie a few days ago. Code Geass Boukoku no Akito. I thought after the first two movies that it had great potential and it was generally fun to watch. Code Geass is still code Geass albeit not even half as great as the original series. Worst thing is that the last part was easily the worst one. Not very engaging or interesting I had to rate it lower than the rest, picture drama for it was more fun. Why Polish representation are Romani. They thought to themselves, we're in Poland. What represents Poland? Romani. What did they mean by that? And who decided it would be a good ending for all of them to end up living with them in a forest near Vistula. Who wouldn't want to live like that getting molested by babas. What did they mean by that??
Since I'm talking about anime I'll let myself gush over oshi no ko which is definitely the closest to a masterpiece a modern anime has gotten (from what I have seen). It's far from it but it's so entertaining. I can't remember last time when while watching a seasonal show I actually wanted to watch the next episode right away and was bummed I had to wait for a week. Season 3 is currently airing. We're 2 episodes away from the end of this season I am still not over episode 7. I was so sure Akane is dead I stopped breathing when she was falling. I cried with her my god.
No comments:
Post a Comment