Sunday, November 9, 2025

Higurashi Console Arcs Part 4

A significant amount of time has passed since the last time I read Higurashi and I can't remember anything from the first two console arcs I've read. As a short break after tsukihime before starting anything longer I read Kageboushi.
                                                         Robaki gdy podniesiesz kamieÅ„.

A very solid arc. unexpected coming from a console arc. Nothing really is as gripping as the question arcs once you get all the answers despite that I had a lot of fun with this one. What bothers me is the fact that it's suposed to be an answer arc for Someutsushi but it introduces new questions and doesn't give answers for them. What was Tomoe waiting at an airport every Wednesday of July. What was supposed to happen. Are we just supposed to accept that her waiting there every July was meaningless and she did it because she couldn't forget her father's death but she was supposed to find nothing the entire time? Why even mention that?

I liked characters introduced/fleshed out in this arc. I didn't expect them to kill of a major character and if Higurashi as a whole focused on their story and took place in Kakiuchi city and not Hinamizawa it probably would've been a cool twist. While I liked Tomoe a few hours weren't enough for me to get attached to her character nor this story to care much about this. It only sounds significant on paper.

I didn't take any screenshots of that scene but why was Tomoe teaching the reader how to groom a highschool girl. 
Natsumi and Akira are probably the best pairing in Higurashi, including anything that isn't canon and It was cool to see some progression between them. Alas the wedding was unexpected and not very fitting to a story like this, It would've felt more natural to maybe show them when they started living together and piecing everything together. Why would they even invite Akasaka and Ooishi to their wedding when it was that small. Side note Chisato does not have a crush on Akira, before they implied that she likes him and confessed to him before I was sure she's jealous of Natsumi not him and I'm not changing my mind. Unrequited yuri love.
Weird ass ending for a Higu chapter, still a better ending than Matsuribayashi, console cgs are so ugly. I saw someone say that they look basic for a reason and there wouldn't be artstyles like this if people didn't like them but cmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MYTH

 I should read more about something before playing because I got into myth after akai ito because I still wanted to read something more myth...